Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Treasure finds

This past weekend my boys and I joined my parents at a carnival of sorts at my Dad's work. We ate a delicious lunch and my boys had fun with the kids activities:

M is in the green shirt in the back. They also had a garage sale of sorts there. Much to my excitement I found old knitting books (with patterns for 'tween' kids). When I brought them to the register, the kind lady told me I could just have them.

Upon showing my son the sweaters for the boys, he declared they were all girls, cause 'look at their long hair'. I had to explain the 70s to him then. (good times, good times....hehe).
A little later that day, my mother and I stumbled across another treasure find:


145 zippers for $2. I will never need to buy zippers for sweaters I knit again. The cool thing is that most of the colors are boy colors (actually all but 2), and since my boys prefer sweaters that zip up, this was an awesome deal.
My sock pal's socks are done. I'm going to block them today and mail them on Friday. I hope she likes them! I'll post pictures soon of the socks blocking. And the excitement is building to see my socks. (Hi pinkstockings!).
I will leave you with some knitting pics though. Here is my youngest wearing the sweater I knit him 3 years ago. On the front pocket is a cat and in the foreground is his best bud Jack, the cat.

I do believe that this will be the last year this sweaters fits. But being loved for 3 years isn't bad for a kids sweater, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

3 years is great for a sweater! I need to get going on something for Gabe... I know he doesn't care now, but in 20 years he'll have a complex:)

2:26 PM  
Blogger chris said...

What a deal, especially on those knitting books and zippers! Your son's commentary on the '70's is too funny. :-)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said...


You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your Designer/Architect
as well as your audience.

Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.

Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
Dr. Howdy

'Thought & Humor'

P.S. Cute kid & cat...

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home