Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sock buddies

Remember my saturday night fun sock? The sock that brought fun colors between my Christmas knitting? I finished the pair soon after Christmas and wore them on New Years Day. Which meant that I wore a new pair of handknitted sock to end and start the year(s). Perhaps a new tradition?
The socks were knit from Regia yarn (my Christmas gift from my knitting buddy Maureen); magic-loop style; toe-up using size 1 Addi's; using the Thuja pattern from Knitty. Well, actually the idea of the pattern, I still went with my normal stitches, toe & heel. The pattern was a fun and easy way to spice up sock knitting. The picture above shows my sock next to Maureen's sock. (aren't they cute?)
And here are the socks right by the pillow my mother made me for Christmas. The fabric shows different spots in the US, depicting one of my desires to travel more.
I also hope to start posting more now. My laptop is off getting fixed and I finally got the kids computer to work for me. I've still got Christmas knitting to post about! Plus more finished socks. Eventually perhaps I'll get around to knitting something besides socks this year. My brain just seems to be stuck.

5 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

Love your socks, they look great! The colors just make me happy. That sounds like a fun new traditon! I might have to try it next year:o)

10:12 AM  
Blogger chris said...

I love your socks- they're so colorful and wonderful!! And what a fantastic pillow from your mother- all the more special because it was handmade with love just for you. With the way you whip out socks, I bet you could wear a new pair of handknitted socks almost every day of the year. ;-) Take care, Michelle! :-)

3:52 PM  
Blogger lexa said...

Very pretty socks - love the colors!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those socks! The colors are so fun.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Amy Lu said...

I like your socks! Nothing beats handmade socks!

Your pillow is really neat. I think Creative Memories used to have a travel scrapbook with that fabric for the cover. You can lie your head on it and dream of all the places you ever want to visit!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home