Sunday, June 05, 2005

Fun things

There was much love in the air this weekend. My parents celebrated 40 happy years of marriage and my brother and his fiancee came to visit. It's fun to watch both couples very much in love.
I also made sure the garter would fit, then I finished it. The bride is happy, which makes me very happy.

I found the red ribbon while on a trip back to my grandmothers hometown with her last week. This little town has the best thriftstore. I found this ribbon for 40cents and also found the perfect dress for me to wear to the wedding. (I'll post about that another day).
Notice what the garter is on? My dad made my mom a footstool and put 2 hearts in it. This weekend he endured the rain to make my mom a little pond in their backyard. He remembered she has wanted one for years. I sincerely hope that my sons grow up to be such attentive husbands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Great garter - such a super gift idea! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. Biene Maja is still quite popular, as is Pumuckl - though the Teletubbies are edging their way in ;)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home