Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Gifting Knits

It seems there are a lot of babies & weddings going on this spring! I used to never knit for my friends babies, but was convinced to change this after seeing more & more cute baby knits on different blogs. And when a good college friend of mine told me she was having her first baby, a boy, I quickly knit up a sweater for him:

He is now 2 weeks old & the sweater is on its way to his house. Doesn't the sweater look so tiny on our high chair? Hard to believe my boys were ever that tiny. (the sweater is from the one skein book. I substituted & used Plymouth Encore & knit it just a wee bit longer. I also changed the ribbing to moss stitch.)

The next knit is for my Uncle, who is getting married this weekend:

We've watched him date for years & are thrilled he finally met the right one for him. I knit him & his new wife a little heart doily to put on their own table whenever they wanted a 'date'. The hearts can remind them why they fell in love. I really hope they like it. The pattern is from the First Book of Modern Lace knitting & the yarn is a thrift-store find. This was my first time doing the crochet border & I obviously need to figure out how to block that a little better. It was a super quick knit though...1 afternoon!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

What an adorable sweater and yes, it sure does look tiny.

I cannot imagine your uncle and his wife wouldn't treasure that beautiful doily.

Sometime when I'm not so preoccupied, I'll have to have you explain "blocking" to me. But I'm afraid I couldn't quite take it in right now. :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger E to the M said...

Great! Save some granola for me. ;)
I found this podcast and it made me think of you. It's an iTunes link.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

The doily is gorgeous!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home