Saturday, May 26, 2007

Finally!

Sorry for the long absence! Life has been busy, had disk problems in my back (serious ouch!) & the computer was acting up. Blah.

Since my last post, I have become addicted to crochet. So much fun. (and after looking at some blogs, it seems others are crocheting a bit too). So here are just a few of my recent creations:

* Z's necklace: Just little flowers crocheting onto a necklace bought at Hobby Lobby.

* a hotpad (figured out the pattern by trying to copy one someone sent me in a swap that I love. I was so proud of myself that I figured it out!) for my sister with fabric that reminded me of our growing up years sewn on. Made to match her new kitchen colors, yet apparently the only purple she has is stuff I've given her.


* Necklace #1 for my Mom. Pattern was one of the Interweave knits free patterns knit with Rowan 4-ply cotton.
* Necklace #2: I should have gotten a better close-up. This pattern was in a crochet magazine I found at Walmart. Knit with cross-stitch thread bought at the Hancock fabric that is going out of business here in town. My Mom is heartbroken & will miss the store alot, so this is a little 'keepsake' for her. hehe.

* Necklace for my niece who turned 12. The big flower is supposed to be a 10 & the little flowers make it a '12' necklace. She was not impressed with my logic. At least it amused me.


Lots more crochet coming later. Here is a sign that I saw while visiting Q's presentation at school. Do you see what the 'D' is doing? Yup, knitting. Ahem.


And I finally managed to get a picture of Jill hanging from our stairs, chillin. Silly cat.

Ps...this is for my sockpal: I lost your e-mail that I was so excited to get! I'm so sorry. Can you e-mail me again?
Also Jessica tagged me & I promise I'll get to it very soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

I'm glad your back! Love the neclaces!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The necklaces are so stinkin cute, Cathi! I have been loving crochet these days, too. Man, they are the sweetest little things you made! What did you use for the cord?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home