Wednesday, March 01, 2006

D is for Deanna

A big treat this past weekend was that I got to see my bestest friend. We don't get to see each other as often as we want and the times we do get together go by way too quickly.
She spoiled my kids and I rotten with Christmas gifts. (She gave
me 2 seasons of the Gilmore Girls!! I guess calling her up crying when I realized I could no longer get the WB in my area provoked sympathy for me? Either that or she had to figure out a way to keep me from whimpering every Tuesday.)

I knit her a pair of socks using Regia in the color way Las Vegas. (Thank you Maureen!!) She is
planning a trip to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks and these seemed perfect. And they fit, making me seem like a knowledgeable knitter...hehe. (they are knit magic-loop style, size 1 Addis, 3x1 ribbing, with lots of good luck mixed in for Vegas).

The biggest thing Dee's friendship has taught me is to be incredibly thankful when you are given the gift of an amazing friend. Friends like her are so rare and so good for one's soul. There is nothing like sharing things with her and everyday I wish we still lived by each other. But most importantly I am incredibly thankful that she is winning her 3+ year battle with cancer. Cause who else would know to make me a Ben Stiller collage for my birthday?

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

I'm so glad that you got to spend time with your best friend!! There's nothing in the world like time spent with girlfriends and I treasure it more than anything. That's such wonderful news that she's winning her battle with cancer, too! The socks you made for her are adorable and they fit perfectly because you ARE an incredibly knowledgeable knitter. ;-) I cracked up at the Ben Stiller collage... so classic!! Take care, Michelle! :-)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

Friends like that are such a blessing! And what a gift to be able to spend some time with her. :)

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had as much fun as I did ^^. I love seeing you and the boys, and you are right its not near often enough. And since you posted our pic on your blog - well i'm posting it on my myspace so there =p. *hugs* to you and the boys. hope to see you again soon :D.
~Deanna~

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home