Monday, October 31, 2005

Fall Fun

We are celebrating fall fun times at our house. The boys have been enjoying wearing their pumpkin hats:

The question this weekend in our house was: would the boys be wearing a lonely orange sock each?

Or would Mommy accomplish 3 1/2 socks in 3 days? Take note that I started the first orange sock earlier in the month. Also perhaps we should ignore that one of my knitting buddies gave me the orange sock yarn in like, ummm July. Would it be fun to have the socks done with plenty of time left over? Isn't the pressure to have them done part of the challenge?
So, I knit and knit and knit and to my amazement here's what the boys wore this morning:

2 pairs of orange socks. Happy boys, tired Mom. And even though it looks like the little feet don't have orange socks that quite fit, this is how M likes his socks.
Little feet: Jawoll yarn (#8362); size 0 needles; knit toe-up in the 2x1 ribbing
Big feet:Unger utopia sport (#2155); size 2 needles; knit toe-up in the 2x1 ribbing
And the other pair of socks I finished this week? Here is a pic of the first sock:

Apparently I forgot to take a picture of both together. They are in the wash right now, so they will make their appearance later this week.

5 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

I think you should get an award for having the sockiest socktober ever! Wow your good! Now that i know what i'm doing i should see how quickly i can make a pair of socks, i positive i'm not as quick as you are:) i think i need to start on some orange socks for next year! they all look great!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I thaink that I love the orange socks, I really must knit a pair for me.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

ohmigod those hats are sooo cute!! What lucky boys!! :)

6:09 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

You are a sock FACTORY - dang

Love the jacquard colors - cool

8:30 PM  
Blogger chris said...

You are AMAZING. My mind reels thinking about how fast you knit!! The pumpkin hats are just adorable and the matching family orange socks are so cute. And I can't believe there's ANOTHER pair of socks on top of all those!! Incredible work. :-)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home