Sunday, October 23, 2005

Socks for me!!

Not that long ago, my sock pal e-mailed me to let me know she had finished my socks. I tried remaining calm while I waited patiently (ok, we all know that's not true. I stalked my mailbox). After returning from work on Friday, I found a notice that a package was waiting for me at the post office. I begged my mother to pick it up on Saturday (since I was working again). I may have even used a look my kids use on me when they want something.
I came home from work, barely able to breath from excitement, and there was my package. I ripped it open, and found the most perfect socks. I tried them on and I was deeply in love:

Look at the lovely colors. The perfect fit. The beautiful pattern.

These were sooo worth the wait!! Traci from Virginia did a superb job. She finished them while taking 6 classes (!!), and included some extra treats:

A special magic towel and koolaid for each of my boys, plus stitchmarkers she made for me. I just realized they are hard to see, so I'll post a close-up picture next time. The stone is a pink-tiger eye and I love the little hearts. And they are the perfect size to use with my sockknitting.
Thank you so much Traci. I love the socks!! This was my first experience with someone else knitting me socks and I will admit that I teared up upon seeing them. I will wear them alot! And thank you to Alison for all the time you put into sockspaltwoza!

3 Comments:

Blogger alison said...

They look awesome! Hooray!!! :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your new socks look wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you. :-) The colors are just beautiful and they look so comfy, too. I'll bet the boys were thrilled with their treats, too. And I'm guessing the mailman is relieved that you won't be stalking him anymore! :-)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

What beautiful socks! You have a great pal! Do you know what yarn they are made from? I love the colors.

Looks like you've been keeping busy with socks too! I love the variety of patterns and yarns you've been using.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home