Sunday, October 02, 2005

The need for now

Thanks to everyone who responded to my frustrated post last week. I think the combination of my still looking for a job (and wondering if I wasted the last 3 years in school), a sick child, my own on-going health issues, and the desperate desire to start these now,

got to me. I love e-bay, but after my experience with the bad Susan Bates, I'm a little hesitant to buy needles from there. Some of the needles in the LYS didn't feel that smooth either. I'm just going to hope that Susan Bates really does send out replacement needles and that these work.
In the mean time I am working on a few things:

My Mountain Color cable socks, I love this yarn and will try to get a better picture when they are done where you can see the cables.
Test socks that are just peaking out upside down, since I can't show them to you.
And my friend's scarf, knit with Sockotta yarn and the feather and fan pattern. Very easy knitting, great for when you don't need to think.
And underneath it all is my new huge red purse. I found it at the thrift store last week after a very discouraging meeting with a possible job. I've wanted one of these big purses for quite awhile. One where I can fit 1 or 2 things I'm knitting, a book, some of my boys stuff, along with other important purse essentials, and still have room. Some might call it a small suitcase..hehe. My boys told me that God had put it there because He knew I would need a smile. It did make me smile, and if God cared enough to put a little (ok, huge) purse in my way to make my day, He will surely guide me in the bigger things in life. (and perhaps allow my Susan Bates needles to arrive soon and be perfect?)

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

All that you've been dealing with would certainly make anyone frustrated, and having a bad experience with Susan Bates on top of that must have been even more upsetting. I LOVE your cable socks- gorgeous colorway! And the scarf is so pretty, too- beautiful color. That's a great purse, and I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded with soon-to-arrive perfect needles. :-)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home