Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer fun

I did a little bit of updating of my sidebar today. I didn't realize it was that long overdue! There are alot of finished items I need to take pictures of & post here.

So I'll start with one that went to my knitting buddy Maureen:


It's Elspeth from Rowan 37. The yarn is from a recycled sweater (Lambswool/nylon). It was a really fun knit & went quicker than I thought. I did the crochet edging a bit tight, so I'd change that next time. It fits Maureen perfectly & I'm thrilled that she likes it!

Check out these gorgeous flowers my friend had delivered to me on my birthday:

I can't stop drooling over them! This year I was also able to use my 'birthday' teapot with my traditional birthday cake my Mom makes for me every year:


Yummy!

And just because here are my sons swimming in a friends pool this past weekend:

Aren't they cute? And um, speaking of cute.... this summer marks the start of little girls calling our house. Is there a support group for Moms to help us deal with this stuff?

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Michelle! May all your dreams come true in the coming year...

(That Elspeth shrug is GORGEOUS! Well done!)

8:49 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

That cake looks yummy! Oh my, I haven't even thought of what to do when girls start calling... scary!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

happy b-day! and girls are calling the house now? *smile* thats really cute.... my oldest sister went through the same thing last year, still bothers her a little....

3:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, I can't believe I didn't think to leave you a birthday comment. I think of you every year on your birthday - somehow that date has always stuck with me.

Okay, so girls start calling boys at age 10?!?!? I'm really not ready for that and I have no idea how we would handle that. Maybe tell them to call back in 8 years?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home