Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer fun

I did a little bit of updating of my sidebar today. I didn't realize it was that long overdue! There are alot of finished items I need to take pictures of & post here.

So I'll start with one that went to my knitting buddy Maureen:

It's Elspeth from Rowan 37. The yarn is from a recycled sweater (Lambswool/nylon). It was a really fun knit & went quicker than I thought. I did the crochet edging a bit tight, so I'd change that next time. It fits Maureen perfectly & I'm thrilled that she likes it!

Check out these gorgeous flowers my friend had delivered to me on my birthday:

I can't stop drooling over them! This year I was also able to use my 'birthday' teapot with my traditional birthday cake my Mom makes for me every year:


And just because here are my sons swimming in a friends pool this past weekend:

Aren't they cute? And um, speaking of cute.... this summer marks the start of little girls calling our house. Is there a support group for Moms to help us deal with this stuff?


Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Michelle! May all your dreams come true in the coming year...

(That Elspeth shrug is GORGEOUS! Well done!)

8:49 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

That cake looks yummy! Oh my, I haven't even thought of what to do when girls start calling... scary!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

happy b-day! and girls are calling the house now? *smile* thats really cute.... my oldest sister went through the same thing last year, still bothers her a little....

3:27 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, I can't believe I didn't think to leave you a birthday comment. I think of you every year on your birthday - somehow that date has always stuck with me.

Okay, so girls start calling boys at age 10?!?!? I'm really not ready for that and I have no idea how we would handle that. Maybe tell them to call back in 8 years?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home