Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Catching up

I'm trying to catch up with things in life that have been neglected or have taken much longer to get done. One of these is my poor sock pals socks. With all the stuff that went during the month of April, these socks took me much longer to complete than I anticipated. And once completed, it has taken me way too long to
block these & get them in the mail. I hope my sockpal with forgive me. I knit these using the Thuja pattern from Knitty. Since my pal has 2 young sons, I thought it would be fun to knit these in a simple pattern that I could take along on journeys with my sons. These went to the park, watched movies with us, & then unexpectedly went to the hospital with us. I knit these while my son recovered & prayed for my sockpals sons. In a way, these socks helped me to get through the past 2 months. I hope my sock pal will enjoy them & build many memories with her sons while wearing them.
I also wanted to take a closer picture of the really neat bag my Yarn Aboard pal made me. I've been carrying it with me everywhere & love it! Notice the flowers it is hanging by? They are on my front porch & just decided to bloom this year. The past 2 years my Dad (the gardener) has wanted to replace this vine, but I didn't want to lose the little bit of privacy it offers. This year I suddenly find myself with gorgeous exotic (to me) flowers. Isn't that how life is? With a little patience, seemingly ugly things suddenly become beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you like the bag! And your socks look great! Now you need to show us what's living in the bag next!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the socks look wonderful, and i kind of hate to see them go with all the memories and effort you put in them.. your right though she can make her own memories with them now :) love the pouch too!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! GREAT socks! Congratulations on finishing.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home