Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Finished socks are fun

I know it's been awhile since I posted. I blame allergies and rainy weather. ;-) I did get alot of knitting done. I've only got 1 picture, the rest tomorrow. These are my son's Regia cotton socks.

Posted by Hello
He loves them. One of my knitting buddy gave me the yarn, which I believe she bought in Germany. This son wears socks all year round, so these cotton ones should be great in the summer. And for the first time I tried to match them. I did good until the toe. I decreased more on the last one, so it's a little shorter. But the important part is that he loves them and has picked out the yarn for the next pair.

I've also fallen in love with 2 patterns.
1. Bonne Marie's new SCOOP du JOUR. I need to get ink for my printer before I buy this pattern. I was wondering if it would look cool to do the ribbing in a different color. Any thoughts?
2. Lily Chin's easy lace shawl. My knitting buddy gave me some very yummy yarn for my birthday last year and I've been debating what pattern to use. The yarn is Celestial Merino by Lucy Neatby. I love the yarn and colors and wanted the perfect pattern. I've looked at other shawl patterns, but I think this will be a good one since I can just knit until I run out of yarn. Now I just need to call my LYS and see if they have the pattern.

I love your comments. I laughed about Felicia's idea to start a Rent-A-Son-So-You-Can-Knit business. They are just getting into the whole making money for odd jobs thing. This weekend they were picking dandelions at my parents house. And Jennifer, I am using size 7.00mm (10.75) needles for my Phoebe Bamboo. The pattern calls for 6.5mm (10.5) and these are the closest I have.

I'm off to get laundry and knitting done. The sun is finally out again, so I'm going to attempt to get some pictures of other FO's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nyxxie said...

Hey thanks I am excited to get started on mine but so far I haven't taken the time to grasp the pattern I have tried and failed and never went back! lol

3:23 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

loved the colorway!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home