Saturday, December 03, 2005

Happy Socks

The happy socks are done:

It's hard to see the stitch pattern in this picture, isn't it? I love how these turned out. My bottle buddies feet are smaller than mine, so I couldn't try them on. (I asked Q to try them on for me and he was absolutely mortified that I would even suggest he put anything with pink on). I named them the happy socks because the yarn is Lorna's Laces Childs Play and the stitch pattern is St. John's Wort. (knit on size 1 needles with 60 stitches).
I plan on mailing them together with other happy things. So I've been pondering what happy things are, and am wondering what would you put in a happy box? Or what would you like to receive in a happy box? A movie? Candy? Yarn?

3 Comments:

Blogger Brianne said...

The socks look great. :D Nice job!

Okay, in a happy box I would definitely put some chocolate, a fun pen (I have a thing for fun pens and stuff), maybe a knitting notion (a row counter, perhaps?) and maybe a candle. That way she could be knitting, keeping track of her rows, marking her place in the pattern with her fun pen, eating chocolate and getting a little aromatherapy all at the same time!

Just a thought. :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

The one who wears it must be a lucky and happy guy.

My Blog
My on-line shop

11:42 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your happy socks are fantastic! Such a fun colorway- the recipient is sure to love them! I love the idea of putting together a "happy" box. Hmm, I think yarn is a surefire winner and sweets are a wonderful idea, too. Chocolate wrapped in festive holiday paper would certainly make me happy! :-) What a lucky recipient!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home