Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Opa's birthday

Today is my Dad's birthday. As I pondered how to describe him, so many things came to mind. He was the first man to capture my heart (I'm such a daddy's girl); he spent hours playing games and building additions for our playmobile, barbies, etc; he instilled a love of history and theology in me; and he taught me the depth of compassion. As I grew older he gracefully adjusted to my many crushes, my many mistakes, and my many moves. Through everything I always knew I was loved and special. I greatly admire his strong faith, his complete commitment to my mother (and the fact that he is still madly in love with her), but mostly I am forever grateful for the wonderful glimpse of God he showed me in his everyday life.
Here's to Opa:

M has started calling him Grandpal, because 'he's my best friend'

He is a great pastor.

Much funner to hear him read our nightly biblestories than me!

And seriously the hardest working person I know!
We love you Dad/Opa!! Hope you had a great birthday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

What a heartwarming tribute to your father. Hope he had a great birthday with many more to come.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

I love how great dads so effortlessly turn into great grandpas. My own incredible dad is such an awesome "poppy" to my son.

Happy birthday to your own wonderful dad!

3:10 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! Such a wonderful birthday tribute. I love that your son calls him "Grandpal!" Your dad must be tickled by that. :-)

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God BLESS your dad on his birthday....We so underappreciate our dads AND our pastors at times...I'm sure he is so proud of each of you.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home