Saturday, November 05, 2005

Copycat?

After a busy week with both boys getting sick (the same week we were going to get the flu shot) and Q pulling a muscle in his neck and therefore finding himself barely able to move, we are finally starting to return to normal. And that means I finally got pictures of this pair of socks:

I love this yarn (Lang-Jawoll). This pair and M's orange socks were the first I've knit with it. I like the little surprise reinforcement thread hidden in the belly of each of the skeins. I realized too late that I forgot to add this thread to the 2nd heel, then decided it will be a good way to see how much this thread helps. (Considering I rarely wear shoes with backs, it probably won't make a difference...hehe). This pair knit up ridiculous quick, thanks to the magic-loop way of knitting and the fact that I can knit at work.
(knit with size 1 Addi's; 3x1 ribbing; short-row toes and heels; toe-up).
See those socks hiding? The blue and gray ones? I knit these a couple years ago for Q and M wears them now. They are knit with LB Magic Stripes. Upon finishing my socks, I noticed they look very similar. M loves this and likes to wear our "matching' socks. Although when asked to take a picture of our feet together, he stated "Mom, I'm too busy for that". It seems 7 year olds have so much to do these days. There are so many legos that must be built, songs to be made up, pictures to be drawn and colored, wooden dinosaurs to be put together, and let's not forget the most important agenda of the day: bug the brother as much as possible. Thank goodness he still has time to tell his Mommy all about his adventures every night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marguerite said...

Lucious looking socks. My favorite color.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks. I'm a Jawoll fan myself. The wool/cotton blend is lovely as well.

Hope your family is done being sick now and stays healthy this winter! :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Those are beautiful =) I think I am going to try toe up next (jack of all socks, master of none that I am, apparently) =0

I'm glad you could make sense of my instructions, I was worried they had started to not make sense, reading my own words so many times, etc. Thanks!

Where is your sock pattern from?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the purple socks! Thanks for visiting my blog.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home