Thursday, October 06, 2005

In love

What is that peeking out of my pretend (but pink!) birkenstocks?

Met my new love (or is it loves?). My newly finished pair of socks.

They are made with Mountain Color bearfoot sock yarn. The yarn was gifted to me by my wonderful knitting buddy.

I love the cables and love the yarn. The colors are perfect. I think the fact that it was picked out just for me by a friend makes me love them even more. I loved knitting these (and the last 3 or 4 attempts until I decided on this pattern). And I love the fact that I wore them to my new job. Yup, I am now a working girl. Make that a working girl with yummy new socks.

6 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Congratulations on your new job!! And what BEAUTIFUL socks! I love the colorway and the cables, too. You did a fabulous job. They look so warm and soft and cozy. :) What a great way to start Socktober!!

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colour and I love the cables.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

I love them too! Nice dark colour with subtle variations. They look so cozy.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I love those socks! Very nicely done, and such pretty yarn! Which cable sock pattern did you use?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh they're so pretty! I love those colors.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are too beautiful - you need more Birks. I have one skien of the Mountain Colors - is that enough for a pair of socks, or did it take 2?

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home