Saturday, January 07, 2006

A is for Anne

Schaefer Anne that is. After Christmas I knit myself a pair of yummy, yummy socks made from the Schaefer Anne yarn I've had in my stash for awhile. Then I wore them on New Years Eve, welcoming 2006 in style:

This yarn is so soft. I debated for awhile whether to knit a shawl or socks with this yarn and I'm glad I choose the socks. They are knit on size 1 needles; magic-loop style; toe-up; 64 stitches.
And they are the perfect way to start the ABC along. Now if only my computer would quit acting up. How is it that a not even 2 year old computer can already be having major, major problems?

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

That ABC-along sounds like fun! Love the socks as always.... I think you are the knitter that has knitted the most socks ever:) hehe. You always amaze me with the new socks you have for you or your family... You go girl!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

You are one of the reasons that I'm drooling over socks! I'm taking a sock class with my Mom at our LYS and she's really nervous about it since she's never used DPNs. I'm really wanting to start learning them on my own, but at the same time I don't want to make her feel bad by going to the class already knowing how to make them. Guess I'll be showing some self-restraint and learning with the crowd a little later! Until then, I'll be enjoying seeing your socks. :D

12:01 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy New Year, Michelle! Your socks look so wonderful!! Beautiful color and the fabric looks so luxurious. You're so prolific with the socks! Here's hoping that the computer problem resolves itself. I hate when that happens!! Take care! :-)

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home