Wednesday, September 13, 2006

N is for New

N is for New..

New school year for the boys:

How did they get to be this big? Seriously, 3rd & 4th grade? And they keep getting cuter.

New socks for me:
Yummy socks. The yarn was given to me by my knitting buddy (she picked it up while in Vegas). The yarn is Trekking XXL, color #107. The colors reminded me of Strawberry shortcake & girl-hood days. They are knit toe-up, short-row heel, using the magic-loop method, size 2.5mm needles, & 3x1 ribbing. I love, love these socks. Thank you Maureen!

New Knitter:
My sister-in-law started knitting!! There is a knitter in my family now. I wish we lived closer so we could knit together more. Isn't this like a dream come true for knitters? And look what her first project is:
Socks for my brother. Knit with Trekking XXL (that she picked out herself, the girl has got great taste). She is farther along now, perhaps even done with the first sock?

New things sure are fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

seriously? her first project is socks? wow! i am impressed! look at how great she is doing.

oh how i love the trekking. that color you used is pretty, i don't think i had seen that one yet.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Angelika said...

Another german girl that will show off her knitting skills in the states. I'm happy to have stumbled up on your blog. I'm always happy to find a fellow knitter here. PS. I have the same template, but can't get all the categories in. Help?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You have a couple of handsome boys there!
It looks like your SIL is coming along nicely on her knitting.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Strikkelise said...

Yes, they are cute! And big! I can't even imagine my kids being as big as that, even though I know they will be in only a few years!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

look at those two handsome guys ;) good luck this school year... and that trekking has terrific colors!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home