Thursday, November 10, 2005

lots of stuff

Seems like lots of stuff are going on around here. And with Christmas around the corner, here are the few things that I can talk about...
A sad little thing happened this past week:

The new screen door my Dad just installed got a beating during the storm. While this is very insignificant considering what others are going through, it still made me feel bad for my Dad. He had such a time installing this door, from no directions in the box to a disgreement with, ummm, me about which way it should open. (He won). So this pic is meant to invoke sympathy for him.
Then the couple projects I can talk about now:

A new washcloth made out of Reynolds Saucy. I made 2 out of euroflax that I love, but since that yarn is a bit pricy I thought I'd give this yarn a try. The pattern is from Knitters Stash. I love that book. I'm not sure why the pattern doesn't center the columns though. If I had realized it before I was almost half-way through, I would have changed it. But then again, it's just a dishrag, hence the non-blocking.
Then FO #2 (this one may surprise you...hehe):

Socks for M, made from Plymouth Encore. The picture was taken during one of the few moments he was sitting still, so excuse the off-center pose.
To answer April (go check out her great instructions for knitting 2 socks on 2 circs!): the sock pattern I use for most of my socks is mine. I use the short-row toe (with provisional cast-on), the foot is ribbing (either 3x1 or 2x1, depending on the number of stitches I have), a short-row heal, then ribbing until 1 inch before I want to cast off, at that point I switch to 2x2, then do a sewn bind-off (from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting without tears). Simple enough to knit while I read, play games with the boys, or am falling asleep (hehe).
Then the last pic is of the pile of clothes that M has outgrown in the past 2 months:

The pile has been growing on top of my dryer as I try to weed them from his closet. M never things anything is too small, which in turns means he never wants to give anything away. But as Q's outgrown clothes are slowly finding their way to M's closet, it's time to put these clothes away for my nephew. Why the picture? Because as M continues to grow, my heart is equally having fun watching every new thing he learns and does and breaking at the thought of my baby getting so big. I do hope to someday have more babies, but that may not happen. (Which is why I keep asking my brother and Z to hurry up and have babies...hehe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home