Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Grammy's socks

Well, I realized I can't show you what I have gotten done for my Olympic knitting, cause they are gifts. So, instead here are my grandmother's socks I finished in January for her birthday. She had told my mother that she was the only family member that did
not have socks knit by me yet. (technically not true. My little brother hasn't shown interest and my nephew doesn't have a pair). Well, I got the hint and she received socks for her birthday. She sent me the cutest thank you card telling me how she lets everyone know her granddaughter knit these. And she was amazed that I knew to pick her favorite colors. Seriously, what would we do without our grandma's?
Her socks were knit with Moda Dea Sassy Stripes (color polo?). I picked these cause she really likes acrylic and the yarn is thicker making these perfect house-socks.

On a very sad note, Q experienced his first bad haircut. He has been trying to grow his hair (check link for example) and although we were told the hairdresser knew what she was doing, it quickly became apparent she was clueless. Most of his hair is now gone and he is near tears. Honestly, I am furious. Why lie? Why not just admit you don't have a clue? And I suppose to add insult to it all, M's hair wasn't even cut straight. A simple cut using a razor, how can you not get that straight? My boys told me they only want me to cut their hair from now on (which I normally do). We just simply wanted to treat ourselves to 'professional' cuts for the wedding. Argh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, that is THE cutest picture of your grandmother wearing your socks! She looks so terribly proud of you! I love it!

8:44 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your grandma's socks are wonderful! And she looks so happy and pleased as punch to be wearing them! :-) I'm so sorry about Q's haircut; I'd be more than upset, too. Poor little guy- please give him a hug for me and tell him that I think he's a cutie, long hair or no. Take care, Michelle! :-)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

Love that picture of Grammy in the chair with her new socks on.

She looks so pleased with those socks. Bet she can feel the love in them.

10:16 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

What great pictures! You can just see the joy. Its got to feel good knowing your kniting is loved!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a precious picture of your grandmother! Love is knitting acrylic socks just because Grandma loves them!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home