Thursday, January 19, 2006

Christmas #3

Another Christmas installment! These are my big brother's socks. And now while looking at all the pictures, I realize you can't really see the socks, just our goofiness. They are knit from Lorna's Laces 'Fall Flight', which also happen to match the University of MN colors where my brother got his masters.
While I've knit many socks for various people, my brother was the first to actually wear holes into his pair. Granted they were knit from woolease on bigger needles, but still a compliment in my eyes.
Perhaps because every knitter worries if the recipient will value their time and thought that went into the knit, if the recipient will actually really wear the knitted piece, or maybe it was just a compliment because I have never known what to give my brother. (I am not one of those people gifted with the 'that is the perfect gift for so-and-so' knowledge). So, from now on I will gift my brother with socks. And in making this statement, I bet it will be really hard for him to figure out what he is getting for his upcoming birthday....hehe.
In the pictures you can see my brother and Z showing off his new socks (and her non-knitted socks, which will soon be fixed with the most perfect socks...hehe), Z taking a picture of his socks and her resulting picture.

3 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Your brother's socks look fantastic! It's so wonderful that he loves his hand knitted socks so much! That's definitely what every knitter wishes for. Those are holes of love! ;-) Such fun pics....take care! :-)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i really like the color of his socks! lorna laces comes out with the neatest colorways for their shepard socks:) i make knitted items for my family, and the socks are the biggest hit!

6:18 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Don'tcha just love it when you find someone who appreciates hand-knit items!? I made my step-father-in-law a pair of work socks for Christmas. Those were the first hand-knit socks he's had since his mother died. He's an observer on ships, so they come in very handy. Guess he knows what he'll get for gifting occasions from now on! The very first socks I ever knit were for myself, just like his work socks, out of Patons Shetland Ragg. I wore the bottoms out of those, too!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home