Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

I'm very excited to finally be a part of Secret Pal. So here goes my questions:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? No, I don't think I'm a yarn snob. How the yarn feels and wears is more important to me.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin. I can crochet a little bit, but so far have only used it to add to my knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I keep them in their original package (if possible) and then keep the circulars & double-points in 2 different boxes/containers. My single points (which I haven't used in a long time, I use my circulars for everything now) are in a cute basket being used more or less as decoration.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since gradeschool, so 20+ years. I did take a knitting break during those fun teen years. My skill level is probably advanced?

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, might change this soon though.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I'm not sure I have a favorite, but vanilla and any of those baked goods are yummy.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I have a sweet tooth, but don't indulge often. My favorite is gummy bears and marzipan. Chocolate is a given, right?

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? At the moment none. I did cross-stitch before I had kids and someday will get back into it. I guess I do alot of various little crafts with my youngest son too.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I listen to alot of Christian music. Caedmon's Call, DC Talk, Michael W. Smith, many more. I'm also a huge jazz fan and love Frank Sinatra & the Beatles.And I can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is pink, although I wear alot of blues & browns. And at the moment orange and purple are catching my eye alot. I don't think there are any colors I don't like.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've got 2 sons (7 & almost 9) and 2 cats at home with me. (I've been divorced 6+ years).

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear mittens & a cowl right now. I do wear scarfs too; hats occasionally, and once it starts warming up a bit I love wearing ponchos.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? There are alot of yarns that I have enjoyed knitting with. My big thing is softness. Lorna's Laces is a favorite for socks.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm a little tired of fun fur and scratchy novelty yarn, although they have there times.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Umm, socks? I always have socks on the needles. In the back of my mind are planning the cardigans I want to start for my sons sometime soon.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, they are easy and I can knit them without looking or really paying attention.

17. What are you knitting right now? Socks for my knitting buddy (almost done). I have other things I want to knit, but I have to finish up other gift knits first.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love it!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular needles

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I think it depends on the project and the needles.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, not yet.

22. How did you learn to knit? In gradeschool in Germany. Taught by a very scary teacher in the basement of the school. My mother thought I would never comprehend how to knit and every once in awhile remarks how she wishes that teacher could see me now.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh my goodness, 10 years? I have a sweater I started for my now 10 year old niece. Probably won't fit her now?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? My favorite animated character remains Biene Maja (from Germany).

25. What is your favorite holiday? Valentines Day. I love going into the stores and seeing pink everywhere.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Stuff from Germany & Austria; Paris things for my kitchen; knitting-related stuff. My sons collect nutcrackers and monopoly-related things.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? At the moment none. (used to have one to Interweave Knits).

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks & Folk Socks. And I'm very much wanting to finally own a Rowan magazine. I've been drooling over the Rowan Felted Tweed in the Cocoa color for a couple of months now. It looks perfect for a shrug, but my LYS only has 2 left. Also Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Learn how to knit cardigans top-down.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a sock knitter! I wear a size 9 1/2- 10 shoe.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 21st, the first day of summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

Hi there

Thanks in advance for your prayers... That always helps. Little known fact about me... My b-day is june 22, I thought that was kinda neat, we're almost birthday buddys:) On a side note I found a little something that I wanted to send you and was wondering if I could get your snail mail addy?! You can e-mail me at: jjgutoski(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

9:03 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Beautiful socks! Thanks for posting the questionnaire! Erin (Your SP7 hostess)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home