Thursday, March 02, 2006

More Olympic socks

I discovered today that I had actually been added as a participant for the Knitting Olympics. I was so excited about this that I organized my sidebar a bit. I tried putting the FOs up and found that I really should take better pics and that I haven't blogged about all of them. Seems silly considering one of the reasons I started this was to have a record of what I knit. So my goal for my 2nd year blogging (yes, last month was my blogiversary) is to be more organized.

And I'll be posting more in the next couple of days, as I try to catch up with showing you the Olympic knitting that I did. In the pics are Z's socks, the 2nd pair of Olympic socks. This was a Valentine gift to her to celebrate her getting engaged to my brother last year on Valentines Day. The socks are knit with Lorna's Laces in the colorway Yellowstone, which is where they spent their honeymoon. I really wished that the colors weren't so girly, cause I wanted to make my brother a matching pair. (56 stitches; magic-loop toe-up; 3x1 ribbing; short-row toes & heels).

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh! i really like that colorway of lorna laces! great to see it knitted up :) i love the socks!

11:11 PM  
Blogger chris said...

What a wonderful pair of socks! The colorway is so soft and subtle and Z looks so happy with them on! And Happy Belated Blogiversary to you! I'm so glad that I got the chance to "meet" you through blogging. You always have the best socks. ;-) I love your new sidebar, too, especially the counter that shows all the different countries your visitors come from. Can't wait to see the other Olympic socks! Take care, Michelle! :-)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Girly but gorgeous! They look great!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Amy Lu said...

Ohmygoodness! I can't get over all of your FOs! You are one dedicated knitter!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Wow, 2 pairs of gifted socks in 1 week. Your recipients look thrilled, Z is adorable!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home