Friday, February 17, 2006

Q's birthday

Look who turned 9!! Q, my first-born is 9. He has grown so much this year. Suddenly I can actually wear his shoes, carry on conversations about politics, and watch him start moving slowly towards independents. He is my silly, always on the move, gifted in so many areas, ever popular son. And he was so totally worth the 20+ hours of drug-free labor.
Q, I love you so much. I'm so thankful that God chose me to be your mother. Everyday I seem to learn something new about you. I love how you work so hard to keep your room clean, that you treasure your family, your love for volunteering, the fact that you are super smart, and that you have immeasurable patience for your mother who is completely inept in sports. I'm so proud of you and cannot believe my luck in being able to share these growing up years with you!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Very sweet, and quite a funny photo!!

Happy Birthday Q!

12:09 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy Birthday to Q!! What a sweetheart! And whew, 20 hours of drug-free labor! We had taken Bradley classes, so we were prepared for the long haul, but luckily, mine only lasted 17 with Bossy. Any more than that and I think my drug-free resolve might've been broken! ;-) Q is so blessed to have a mom who loves him so very much! Take care, Michelle! :-)

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do grow up fast! Best wishes to you and the birthday boy.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

happy birtday! 20+ hours of drug free labour? oh gees! brave woman :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

Happy birthday to the not-so-little Q-man! I love to think about how God chose each of our childern just for us. It really is amazing, our special little gifts! Hope you all have fun on his special day!
20 hours... Wow!
Take care :o)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Amy Lu said...

Happy Birthday!

And kudos to the maternity goddess (20+ hours? drug-free? You're still getting flowers for that one, right?)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home