Tuesday, January 31, 2006

B is for....

There were so many things I wanted to use for B and I finally decided to use them all. So B is for boys, books, and blog buddies. All have shaped my life in some way.
Books have been a part of my life since I can remember. I moved alot during my childhood and books always allowed me to escape and find friends. They also have been a shared passion with my father, as well as some very good (real...hehe) friends. Books are everywhere in my house and are well loved by my sons too. Reading books together is a favorite activity here and hearing them read to me is something that makes my heart 'warm'. (a new expression here in our house. Used to describe how I make Q feel inside. Awww.)
Boys are a constant learning experience for me. Having sons is a true blessing, but also often a state of complete confusion for me. I love raising them and we often discuss the fact that 'boys just need to do these things'. They love teaching me how boys are different than girls and I try hard to allow them to be who they need to be.
Blog buddies are new to me. In the past year as my health struggles have limited what I can do, I have loved still connecting with people. I can start each day catching up on (with?) my buddies, while still in my jammies drinking my coffee. And experiences like yesterday can brighten my day: I came home from a long, icky day at work (I love my job, but unforeseen circumstances/people can make something fun into something not fun), and was greeted by a package from Jessica. Inside were these great knitting notecards and some stitchmarkers she made just for me. See? Blogging buddies are the best.
Pictures show: my fun gifts from Jessica, the 3 books I'm currently reading, and my 2 sons along with my adorable and also very boyish nephew.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

cute pic of the boys! and i agree blog buddies are the best :)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home