Friday, March 24, 2006

E is for Eager

M woke up on the 1st day of spring super excited. He ran to the door and I could see disappointment take over. After counting the days, checking with everyone to make sure that he had the right day, the snow was still there!
Therefore I thought it would be fitting to show his new bee-socks next to the bee-sign in our yard laying in, yup you guessed right, snow. I didn't have the heart to ask him to model them in this pose though.
I love these socks, in fact I think I love them more than he does. (he's a boy, they are socks, need I say more?) They are made from 1 skein of Lorna's Lace beestripe, 56sts, toe-up, magic-loop, 3x1 ribbing. Do you think they will help spring come faster for a very eager boy?

7 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Poor M, I completely feel for him!

10:21 AM  
Blogger createwithme said...

Love them! We don't get snow very often here, but I can SO relate on the spring thing. It was warm most of the winter when I was in the mood to knit sweaters, and now that "Spring" is supposedly here, and I'm ready to be outdoors, it's staying cold!

11:54 AM  
Blogger chris said...

M's bee stripe socks are so cute! I've always liked that LL colorway- so fun and happy. Poor little guy- I can just imagine how disappointed he must have been to still see snow. Wishing him warm, sunny spring days soon! Take care, Michelle! :-)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Ooooo I love the way the stripes wound around the socks sometimes thick, sometimes thin. They look great!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Amy Lu said...

I don't know if they'll help spring come faster, but they certainly can't hurt! How cute!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh my goodness those are super cute! love the bee stripes! and it is really spring here in good old texas..come to think of it all winter felt like spring... diappointing ;(

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! Poor M - and you - for still having snow, I sure hope you'll be rid of it soon too!
The bee stripes are so beautiful, I love those socks - their colors are a sure sign that spring is just around the corner!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home