Friday, March 03, 2006

A birthday break...

This is my favorite picture of my big brother & me. Probably because it was taken when we still got along...hehe. You know before the whole annoying each other phase. (I tried taking a picture of the picture & it didn't work so well. One of these days I'll set up that scanner sitting in my closet).
Today is Mark's Birthday. I'm going to come right out and share something he doesn't even know. Mark is the sibling I admire the most. He always got great grades (actually trying to keep up with him was my motivation in school), he never got into trouble, and he always seemed to have life together. He has become a great teacher who really cares about his students. Something that I think is rare. And after years of having girls cushing over him (including almost all of my friends), he proved that waiting for the right person is worth it and much to my relief married a nice girl. But the greatest thing about him is that he has proven to be a great Uncle to my sons, which we all know is what really matters.
So here's to big brothers, great teachers & in Q's words an 'awesome Uncle'. Mark, I hope you are having a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Saw you link on Anny's blog and thought I would stop by and say hello.

9:25 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Happy Birthday to Uncle Mark! I love that pic of the two of you! It reminds me so much of my duo... I hope they grow up and continue to have the kind of relationship that you and your big brother have. Take care and have a great weekend, Michelle! :-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

happy birthday mark! i noticed that you are extremely young in that pick... y'all got along for a very short time ;) thank goodness you are both adults now and can cherish a friendship!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home