Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back to a great surprise..

Our weekend was very fun. My brother's bathroom survived his 2 sisters and 2 pre-teen/teen nieces. I was able to see my bestest friend, visit my favorite church & get to 1 yarn shop. And I figured out that it takes me about 6 hours to knit 1 of M's socks.
I was a little disappointed with the yarn shop. Actually I seem to be everytime I visit this one, so I need to find another one that's close to my brother's house. I did manage to find a couple little fun things to take home (pictures later). So when I came home and saw the little note in my mailbox that there was a package going to be re-delivered, I started getting excited. I spent the day doing laundry & other house stuff, pretending that I was not just waiting for the door bell. I'm so much more grown-up than that (not). Well, this package was so worth hanging out by the front door for. (That sentence makes you think I'm lying about being college educated, huh?).
My secret pal did so good. In fact I took the picture last night, in bad lighting, because I could no longer control myself and had to cast on with the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. Yummy!! She also knit me a panta (!!) using Noro Lily. I've been wanting one and this one is so soft. (I'll get pictures of me in it on a day when I'm wearing make-up..hehe). She also included 6 little bags of Lang Bambini Cotton in pinks, which I think I might use for a shrug? And a skein of Artful Galazy that is so soft. Thank you Secret Pal!! I love it all!!
By the way, the above picture is my sister. Perhaps the thumbs-up was for surviving with 5 kids in the car? My parents were driving alone in their car. They did not have a dvd player or nintendo, so they got peace & quiet. I will also post about my 3 pairs of completed socks, 1 scarf, and my attempt to knit a top for myself (instead of another pair of socks & 1 more scarf).

6 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

nice haul! love the lang! glad your back in one peice!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got your latest package. I was so excited to send this one out that I over-nighted it...I was quite crestfallen to find that you would be out of town when the package came. But now you've got it and I can't wait to see the Cherry Tree Hill knit up, that was the hardest for me to send... :^)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Such a bummer when a yarn store continually disapoints :( But look at all that pink yarn; fun times ahead!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Amy Lu said...

Wowee, sp gifts are so much fun!!! I look forward to seeing that Cherry Tree Hill!

9:15 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

What lovely goodies you've recieved! And she even knit you a panta, now your in the club! Actually I LOST mine! I'm super upset... well actually now i get to knit another one... he he he. Its all about the big picture. I lost the panta , but I get to knit more! I'm glad to see you had a good time!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I wish we could have met up, hopefully next time you come to the cities.

What a wonderful secret pal package!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home