Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A simple knit?

It looks like a simple chenille flower washcloth, right? I've made lots of these, since they are such yummy, easy gifts. This one thought decided to be a difficult knit. Can you see the 2 cast-away peddles? Upon trying to join all 5 peddles together, I put my knitting needle into the little loop & the loop broke. Thinking it was just me having a bad knitting moment, I quickly knit another peddle and umm, the same thing happened. At this point I put the flower aside, muttering about how I would never speak to it again.
I did finally come around and picked it up, speaking sweetly about how it was supposed to go to my Secret Pal and make her happy. I guess discovering it had a purpose was all it needed & the flower washcloth is now done, leaving me with a new record of needing more than a week to knit this. Seriously.
Notice I had the brilliant idea of photographing it on my purple towel. Yes, a purple washcloth will look very pretty on a purple towel, if you can find it. But let's look beyond all that and look at the ground. This picture was taken in the very spot that the bee socks were last week. The snow is disappearing!

5 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

That flower washcloth is so cute! Your SP is going to love it! I think you're right- it just needed reassurance that it had a purpose in life. ;-) Glad to see that spring is finally arriving... take care, Michelle! :-)

7:53 PM  
Blogger createwithme said...

I actually thought it was pretty on the purple towel. Actually, when I first saw it, I thought the extra petals were leaves, the flower was in the center, and the extra yarn was a twisty vine around the whole thing. (Which I thought had been sewn to a pillow for a decoration.) Where'd you get the pattern? I might make a version just like what I thought I saw!

12:54 PM  
Blogger createwithme said...

Oops, just noticed the link that you already gave. Duh!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made a couple of these as well. They're great fun, aren't they?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i took a closer look, it is great! i love it... so cute!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home