Monday, April 18, 2005

The sweater

My son's Einstein sweater is done. I tried to be creative and add the orange color where I could.

Posted by Hello
Here it is. Buttons got sewed on by Mom after the picture. I could not find any needles small enough. They must have gotten lost in the boxes still to be unpacked. (yes, I've lived here for 8 months and still have boxes to unpack). It was interesting to knit this sweater. I'm disappointed with it though. The design was fun and my issues have nothing to do with the sweater. My biggest issue is that my son is growing. Yes, from the time I measured him and started it in February until now, he has gotten bigger. In fact, I believe he has grown since last week. My proof? The sleeves. I measured him 50 million times. They were a little long last week. Today, they seem a bit short. I knit these sleeves after picking up stitches and knitting down to the hand. He had to try the sweater on so I could check the length. The other issue is that I measured extra room around him, yet now it is tight. I could have knit this sweater a bit bigger, but I knew he wouldn't wear it if it was too baggy.
Cont. with next picture...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home