Friday, April 08, 2005

Gotta love a bargain

Posted by Hello
Yes, it's a yarn tangle. While out looking or a zipper or my son's Einstein and buttons for my younger son's game bag, I came across this bargain. A yarn tangle for $2 (non-tangle $4.94). That is a $3 savings! Taking the challenge, I wound the yarn in a ball and surprisingly had no problems at all.
Now, what to make with this? It could become part of a hat or mittens, perhaps a short fun scarf ? Or maybe a potty mouth? Yes that's right, a cover for your potty knit out of fun fur. This was designed by Sarah, who also has her Mariposa in the new Knitty. While I will probably not be knitting the potty mouth (With boys and cats in the house it might not survive), I do really like the Mariposa. My only question is: how do I fasten the broach in the back by myself? I guess I will need to practice and see if it's possible.


Blogger Felicia said...

Like you, I'm actually pretty good at winding tangled yarn! I'd pick up that deal as well, and gloat about the fact that I have more time than money!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home