Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Apples are the best

It's been awhile since my last post due to my camera batteries dying. I've been trying to get over to Target and buy some of their new, limited edition pink batteries. That has still not happened, so I invaded my children's CD player....shhh.
While Mama has been working, it seems the boys have been having quite alot of fun:

They were busy picking apples (saving them from the woodpecker) and bringing them to Oma to bake apple pies. Yummy.
At our own house we have started settling into our favorite winter routine:

evenings spend in front of the fireplace. What could be better?
This week my oldest son started his new 'position': making sure everyone is following the rules before school. (I'm sooo proud of him!!!). This means that I drive him to school early. Not a big deal, but do I really want to show others in the school parking lot my morning hair? I obviously needed to solve this quickly, right? So to the rescue came a new Hayden hat:

Yummy pinks and green, kinda like a rose. (note to self: must someday own a jacket to match!!). And in the background you can see 2 of my favorite knits (for Carrie's 1 year blogiversary contest). I love both these knits for many reasons. The yarn was given to me by my knitting buddy, picked out just for me. That alone makes them very special. And with both I took awhile before finding the perfect pattern for them. The shawl is Charlotte's Easy Lace Shawl by Lily Chin. Great, easy pattern. I got the idea for the socks from the new Fall Interweave Knits. I liked the concept of their pattern but not the cables they used, so I created my own pattern with a cable I liked better. Very easy, very fun, and easily adapted to fit whatever size/stitches you want.
I'm still waiting for my replacement Susan Bates needles. Sigh, don't they know I've got socks to knit for Socktoberfest? Lolly mentioned she likes the Clover needles from Joanns, so I checked out their website (the local store does not carry the small needle sizes) and discovered they had them on-line at a great sale price. Perhaps I'll order these and have the boys wrap them up for me for Christmas....hehe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oh how I wish I had a fireplace!

Your shawl is beautiful, thanks for entering my contest!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Laura A said...

Gorgeous Hayden! :-).

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home