Wednesday, July 12, 2006

J is for Jack

Last week after finishing my sisters shawl (& Q's socks which I will post soon...), I wanted more lace. And how perfect that I found sweet somethings:


The little arrowhead shawl from Interweave Knits (summer 2006), knit with Southwest Trading Bamboo yarn. This was a quick knit (took 2 days), and a great lace project. But the best thing about this pattern is that I was able to knit it while chatting with friends. I will knit this pattern again, as soon as I decide which yarn to use.

And pictured here with Jack, our cat. (He's looking at Jill, our other cat. She's shy.) I love the carpet they are laying on too. The only carpet in the house, it will remain on my steps as a memento to the decade of my birth: the 70s.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Nice job on the shawl! That really is a quick knit.

That carpet is exactly the type we had all over the house when I grew up, a different color in each room!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it is very pretty! thanks for the idea! i have my mom to think about her b-day is early next month! she has always wanted a shawl, this is it!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

You've been claimed! Yarn Aboard, ahoy!

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home