Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fridge surprise

This has been a really hard month, with many challenges still being worked out regarding M's health. So when my parents gave me a card for Mother's Day telling me that my gift was a new fridge, I was very excited. Having to tape your old fridge's door shut becomes old quickly. (you know when you are having one of those months, your appliances usually start acting up too. It's just the way life works, right?)
Today was the delivery day. I took everything out of the fridge, excitedly watched the guys unload my new one. Stood there as water suddenly started to leak everywhere, including through the ceiling into my basement (right onto the playstation & TV of course). Watched as they discovered they could not turn off the water in the kitchen due to the pipe being eroded. And then moved the boys bikes so the new fridge could sit in my garage until my Dad could come to turn off the water (because as things would have it, he is 2 1/2 hours away at their cabin). I walked into my house, preparing myself for putting my food back into my old fridge. Wondering a bit if this was a moment to cry or laugh, when I heard the sound of my mailman honking.
How did Leah know? She sent me the best Yarn Aboard package: my favorite smell in a candle, my favorite chocolates, swedish fish (which I haven't had in ages & will probably eat all of them before my sons return from school), adorable mary jane slippers (I needed slippers really badly), cute mirror clings that will go on my mirror today still (I love those girly things), a great foot spa set, sparkly yarn just like I've been wishing/longing for (and it's Cherry Tree Hill!!) in colors I love, and an amazing sock project bag she made herself for me! The sock bag will travel many places with my boys & I. It's perfect for putting on the bike for trips to the park too.
I'm in complete bliss. I will laugh about the fridge & have my new one set up before I know it, right? And while I wait, I'm going to start knitting myself some sparkly socks. (cause you gotta have fun somewhere in your wardrobe). Leah, thank you so much for the great package! And Amanda, thank you for squeezing me in at the last minute & being willing to set all this up. I'll get the radio box going to it's new destination very quickly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow! a new fridge? happy mothers day! the yarn aboard was alot of fun! did you get the drill box? did you see my name? ;) i hope M is on the mend and hope you guys have fun with the new appliance!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like the yarn! Of course, you can't go wrong with CTH, but the sparkles make it extra special! I had fun putting this together for you!

I hope it brings you hours of relaxation! Enjoy!!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home