Sunday, April 02, 2006

F is for Flood

I had many ideas of what I was going to write about for the letter F. But the last few days have brought flooding to the area & that
is a fascinating twist that must be blogged about. Right?
Wednesday evening both my basement & my parents basement flooded. (see Miss Thang standing by the water in my house?)
Thankfully both houses are now dry
and we hope they stay that way!
On the way home from the library
today, my sons & I decided to check out the river. We were surprised at how high the Red river is now. Aren't the pictures amazing? Seems surreal. (I'm about 3-4 blocks from the river, so my house should be ok.)
Knitting updates will come this week. A great treat this week was getting Claudia's ex-yarn! Thank you Claudia!

3 Comments:

Blogger renee said...

Good luck on making it through the flood! I heard tonight that the river wasn't supposed to get as high as first feared, so I hope that comes true. One of my best friends was living in Grand Forks during the '97 flood and was really traumatized by the whole experience. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh thats some flooding! makes me worry since we dont have "basements" here in Tasmania, Australia..which means the whole house would flood!!

Hope the river doesnt get higher!

Katt

7:12 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the basement flooded? aughhh! so sorry for them!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home