Friday, February 10, 2006

Preparing for the Olympics...

During boys night last night, our Christmas tree finally made it back to the box. M & Q wanted it up even longer, but thankfully hearing Opa tell them that was silly allowed them to say goodbye. They made a show of being very goofy and ended with a relaxing rest under a 'palm' tree.

So now with the tree gone, we are ready for the Olympics to start. Yummy treats are being made today, maps are being brought out and new sports are being discovered. Fun times are about to begin!

And perhaps even more exciting is the Knitting Olympics with over 4000 knitters! At first I wasn't going to join, but now I'm really hoping I'll get accepted as a late-sneaker-inner (not a word, I know). My Olympics knitting goal is the following: 4+ pairs of socks (some already started) and 2 scarfs. These are all gifts that need to be finished. Do these count? Is that a good enough challenge? (versus my always present procrastination).

And thank you for your kind words regarding the missing Xs. We are back on track and doing well. There is no bigger motivator than an unhappy Mommy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the knitting olympics...With the way my knitting has been going lately, there's no way possible that I could complete *ANYTHING* in that 16 day period! (However, i do have a pair of men's socks that I'm going to work on during that time. We'll see how far they get. I'd be extremely surprised if I even get one finished!)

Love your market bag, too. The color (I hope that it's accurate on my monitor!) is really beautiful.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

Love the palm tree. LOL! Good luck with your Olympic Challenge ;0)

7:31 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your Christmas tree story was so cute! :-) Good luck to you with the Knitting Olympics! Normally, I'd say that 4 pairs of socks and 2 scarves sounds insane, but knowing you (knitting at the speed of light ;-)) I'm sure you'll be able to finish all that AND more!! ;-) You're the fastest sock knitter I know!! Take care, Michelle! :-)

3:13 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

good luck with all of your projects i know you can do it !

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for your comment. You have such cute boys! Good luck with your Olympics knitting projects

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your Olympics projects!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home