Sunday, December 04, 2005

Oma's Birthday

Exactly 4 days after my father was born, my mother was born. They now get to celebrate their birthdays together, often disappearing to some Bed & Breakfast. They are the incurable romantics.
My mother is now my best friend. We talk daily on the phone and think very much alike. We both strive to live the simple life, believing God & family are what's important in life. We have the same crazy laugh that leaves us unable to talk as tears roll down our cheeks. And we share a love for coffee and chocolate. Why is all this significant? Because it took me way too long in life to realize how lucky I was to have her as my mother. And then I realized that luckily I am becoming more and more like her every day. I just hope that some day I'll finally manage to make meatloaf that tastes like hers!
Here is the birthday girl going down the slide while on a swimming trip with her grandsons and me:

Doesn't it look like everyone stopped just to watch the beautiful lady go down the slide?
Happy Birthday Mom! My boys and I are way too spoiled by having you in our lives. Thank you for all the pies you bake and the hours you spend listening to me. Wir lieben Dich!!

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Happy Birthday to Oma! I love your portrait of your relationship with your mom. Sounds like you two have such a special bond!

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home