Saturday, October 15, 2005

Amazing gifts

Last week my mother and I had lunch together and then wandered over to her favorite consignment store. While looking around, I saw a pair of shoes and my heart stopped. I called for my mother and tried to calmly show her these:

Real Birkenstocks, not 'pretend' ones. In my size. For $15. Could it really be? I tried them on and realized what shoes should feel like. They are so comfortable. My mother knows how long I have wanted a pair and these became my Christmas present (which I am already wearing....shhh). I may start walking everywhere now.
And just in time for socktoberfest, my knitting buddy surprised me with a truly amazing gift:

Yarn, sock yarn, beautiful yarn. There are some I really have been wanting to try (Meilenweit Cotton, Trekking, Socka), as well as some I already love (Lorna's Laces, Sockotta). I have been carrying the yarn with me everywhere to, you know, just look at it. Dream about the socks that will be. Pet it. My heart still skips a beat when I see the yarn.
Thank you to my Mom and Maureen for these wonderful gifts. I'm most grateful for the friendship and fun times you have both brought into my life.


Blogger Erica said...

Mmm... Looks like someone's gonna have fun playing...

7:36 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Lucky you! Look at those great yarns--and I love the shoes :)

5:32 PM  
Blogger candsmom said...

Those ARE amazing gifts!! Love the new shoes and the sock yarn looks incredible!! I don't think I'd be able to sleep looking at all that beautiful yarn. Can't wait to see all the wonderful socks you knit up with it! :-)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kathleen in Germany said...

If you like'em now, just wait until they break in!!!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home