Saturday, October 15, 2005

Amazing gifts

Last week my mother and I had lunch together and then wandered over to her favorite consignment store. While looking around, I saw a pair of shoes and my heart stopped. I called for my mother and tried to calmly show her these:

Real Birkenstocks, not 'pretend' ones. In my size. For $15. Could it really be? I tried them on and realized what shoes should feel like. They are so comfortable. My mother knows how long I have wanted a pair and these became my Christmas present (which I am already wearing....shhh). I may start walking everywhere now.
And just in time for socktoberfest, my knitting buddy surprised me with a truly amazing gift:

Yarn, sock yarn, beautiful yarn. There are some I really have been wanting to try (Meilenweit Cotton, Trekking, Socka), as well as some I already love (Lorna's Laces, Sockotta). I have been carrying the yarn with me everywhere to, you know, just look at it. Dream about the socks that will be. Pet it. My heart still skips a beat when I see the yarn.
Thank you to my Mom and Maureen for these wonderful gifts. I'm most grateful for the friendship and fun times you have both brought into my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Mmm... Looks like someone's gonna have fun playing...

7:36 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Those ARE amazing gifts!! Love the new shoes and the sock yarn looks incredible!! I don't think I'd be able to sleep looking at all that beautiful yarn. Can't wait to see all the wonderful socks you knit up with it! :-)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

If you like'em now, just wait until they break in!!!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home