Friday, August 18, 2006

K is for knowledge

K is for knowledge & the never-ending desire I have to learn new things & sharpen my skills. Currently the 2 big learning areas are cooking & lace-knitting. I am currently working on 2 shawls, one of which is the Icarus from Interweave Knits:


This is knit with the yarn Z gave me (Skacel Merino Lace) on size 2 needles. I've done 5 pattern repeats so far & will make it bigger than the original. (You can see Jill, our cat in the picture too)

While my kids are not eating all the new dishes I'm creating, they both loved the egg roles I made from scratch tonight:

I was surprised how yummy they turned out (it being my first time making them). We will definitely be making these alot from now on. Hopefully the new cookies we are going to try making tomorrow will be just as yummy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I keep pushing myself to learn new knitting techiques too! don't want to get to comfortable and miss out on new knits! love your Icarus! and that is such a cute pic, is that the egg roll? look big... and delicious!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home