Monday, October 09, 2006

Drake adventures

While Sir Francis Drake was here visiting us, he insisted on being taken around town. We were easily swayed & took him to a few of our favorite spots.

We started with a trip to my old stomping grounds:
We may have parked illegally & ran to snap this picture. Sir Drake was rumored to be a bit of a pirate, which might explain why he encouraged that bit of risk taking.

Our next stop was a favorite hangout of ours:
We love the library & I think Sir Drake was impressed with how nice our librarians are.

Feeling a bit adventurous, the boys & I took Sir Drake to our river:
Look it's dark & we are out! This is the Red River. It separates Moorhead (Minnesota) & Fargo (North Dakota). The boys & Sir Drake jumped back & forth between state lines a few times.

Venturing out some more, we took Sir Drake to my parents house:
The live right next to a horse farm. This is as close as Sir Drake got to riding anything though. He was also very impressed with my Dad's carrots:
Are they bigger than Sir Drake? After this we send Sir Drake off to more adventures.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zuka's popcorn said...

Nice pictures!! Q looks like a Big boy :) it's getting cold here {sigh~~~~}

2:53 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

see what happens when i get behine on my bloglines??? you had a wonderful weekend and @ fo 's last week! love the gold hill colorway in that shawl 2 posts ago.... and love the self stipping socks ;)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good hostess you are! I bet old Francis had a ball!

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I so loved that virtual trip through your place - thanks for sharing these great pics! It seems you all had such a fantastic time!

4:25 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Wow a trip, socks, a shawl, and two cute boys who are definetly betting bigger! I've missed you and your blog, I hope everything is going well!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home