Monday, May 23, 2005

Easy Shawl

After almost being disowned by my sons for 'just-one-more' garage sale afternoon last week (they were satisfied after the first 2, but I needed to keep the treasure hunt going), I dragged them into Ben Franklin Crafts. What has happened? Since when did Ben Franklin start carrying all this great yarn? I noticed they started carrying some specialty novelty yarn a year ago, but haven't been in since. Now suddenly they have Plymouth and Classic Elite yarns (plus lots more), and a ton of really nice patterns. And much to my glee they had Lily Chin's Easy Shawl pattern.
So this weekend I started it with the gorgeous yarn my knitting buddy gave me.

Posted by Hello
It's not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I really like the pattern and love the yarn. This is, however, not something you can knit and read. Which is why it was a good thing that we had our family movie night. Lots of knitting time. Plus we watched Star Wars 2 last night, which meant more knitting time.
I'm also trying to comprehend the fact that my 'baby' is almost done with 1st grade. Where does the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home