Monday, May 23, 2005

Easy Shawl

After almost being disowned by my sons for 'just-one-more' garage sale afternoon last week (they were satisfied after the first 2, but I needed to keep the treasure hunt going), I dragged them into Ben Franklin Crafts. What has happened? Since when did Ben Franklin start carrying all this great yarn? I noticed they started carrying some specialty novelty yarn a year ago, but haven't been in since. Now suddenly they have Plymouth and Classic Elite yarns (plus lots more), and a ton of really nice patterns. And much to my glee they had Lily Chin's Easy Shawl pattern.
So this weekend I started it with the gorgeous yarn my knitting buddy gave me.

Posted by Hello
It's not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. I really like the pattern and love the yarn. This is, however, not something you can knit and read. Which is why it was a good thing that we had our family movie night. Lots of knitting time. Plus we watched Star Wars 2 last night, which meant more knitting time.
I'm also trying to comprehend the fact that my 'baby' is almost done with 1st grade. Where does the time go?


Blogger Lauren said...

Very pretty start on the shawl--the yarn does look lovely :)

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home