Sunday, May 15, 2005

Cable 8 attempt

Awhile ago I signed up for the Cable 8 knitalong. I have been trying to figure out which yarn to use, although what I really wanted to do was to buy some new yarn for it. Today I realized that new yarn was not going to happen anytime soon. So, I knit 2 samples with yarn I have at home.

Posted by Hello
The top swatch is out a Lion brand yarn using 2 strands held together. (I think it's the Baby Soft?). I don't really like the way it looks though and I'm not sure if the color is me. (Not being pink and all).
The bottom swatch is kind of a peach/pink. It is Patons promise, really old yarn that I found on a treasure hunt awhile back. After washing it, it is soft. But it is also kinda mohairy (making up words now), although this does not hide the cables like I thought it might. It's smaller because I only used 1 strand. I'm planning on changing the pattern a bit anyways, this would just mean more cable 8s.
So, both swatches are still drying on my bed. Now I must decide if I should go ahead with knitting this using the Patons or if I should keep waiting for a different yarn. (so many decisions!)
Next pic shows close-up....

1 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I really like the look of the bright pink one, being a pink grrl myself. I am finishing up the Irish Hiking scarf and am glad I used a "crisp" yarn that still has a soft feel and drape, as it really adds definition to the cables, but I can tell this pink version does that, even with the fuzzies... happy decisionmaking.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home