Thursday, June 02, 2005

Slumber parties and scarfs

Today is my sons last day of school. I was going to try and enjoy my last day of peace and quiet. Instead, I am turning my house upside down looking for something I lost. Very fun.
Tonight we are going to have a slumber party. Lots of chips, brownies, and tatertot hotdish. (my sons picked the menu). The 3 of us will settle down in my room and stay up as late as we can watching cartoons. I'm betting I'll be out by 10, my oldest son will be out soon after, and my youngest will be up ALL night.
I finished a scarf/shawl for a friend of my mother's who did something incredibly special for me. It took me awhile to decide what to make. I wanted something that she would love and enjoy. I love Sally Melville's Shape It scarf, so when I saw that she had updated it in Scarf Style, I knew this would be perfect. I choose Berroco Furz yarn to knit it with. It's one of my favorite yarns. It's so soft and fun. Originally I bought this yarn on vacation with my sons a year ago. I was going to make a pillow for my oldest son. Then I got a great deal on e-bay for the Furz in a little more true boy blue. So, the teal Furz became the wear-as-a-collar scarf.

Posted by Hello
I hope that the recipient loves it. It's very soft and I'm seriously considering making myself one. The next picture shows the edges. I think that Sally Melville's 3rd book in her series should be coming out this year or next. I'm looking forward to that.
Ok, I'm off to search for my missing item. The cats are having a blast trying to get in my way. Who knew today was their lucky day for amusing times?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home