Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Socks for my pal

After being excited about the yarn I found for my sockapaloolza pal, I messed the yarn up. Ruined it. Yeah. let's not talk about it. So, I searched some more for the right yarn and was just not finding anything. Then on Sunday, as I was searching through my stash, I realized I had some NatureSpun that would work. Sitting right under my nose the whole time. Then I realized this yarn would also work great for the Friday Harbor socks (knitting on the road knit-along). I wanted to do this sock toe-up and re-figured the numbers some. Here is the result:

Ignore the little blue string by the toe. That's my life-line. Having those makes it so much easier to frog and re-do or change the patterns.
Is this sock-pal worthy? I can't tell my thoughts on choosing this, because my sock-pal may figure it out. I do want her to love her socks though.
I thought I would also include a silly pic of my son. This was at the wedding (back in June). He was the ring-bearer and I admit I was worried he would not sit still during the ceremony. Silly me. This is my creative kid. Upon finding himself bored, he simply took off his shiny shoes and had fun looking at himself.

Thankfully this was one of the favorite parts of the wedding for my brother and his new wife. And it has become one of my favorite pictures of my little boy who is growing up way too fast. Sigh. I promised I wouldn't cry this year when he starts 2nd grade. But as soon as that bus pulls away, I think there will be tears.

7 Comments:

Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Hey there - your comment on my blog didnt' have an email address attached - but i wanted to say thanks for it... every email i get brights my day... and yours was no exception! Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and sharing with me a part of your life... as it's sad to say this - it's good to know I am not alone...

-Alison

10:52 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

what a sweet picture of your not-so-little boy, It made me smile:) I love the sock too! I don't even want to think about sending my kids to school, I know it will come soon enough. Thats scary;-)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just too cute! My favorite picture of my ring bearer is of him and the flower girl dancing like a dance couple. Arm extended, swinging around and big smiles on their faces.
Love the socks!
chrisknits

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... I think I figured out how to add comments. So... did you get that picture of Monty from our website, or how did you already have that picture?
So who's the sock pal? You never add names. Is there a reason for that? Anyway. Time to go.
Mark

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy you have there!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great friday harbor socks - what a good idea to do them toe up - your little man is so cute

2:28 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Love the sock! Looks like things worked out for the best, huh?

And what a fun pic of your son. Totally steals the show by just being himself. How wonderful!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home