Friday, August 24, 2007

Lace design

So a few weeks ago I had a very rare night out without my kids. My good friend & I ventured out to the street fair that was going on & I had hopes of finding the new yarn shop I had heard rumors of. Well not only did I find the shop, but a couple days later the owner called & asked if I wanted to work there! And so begin my dream job, a job I wouldn't have applied for, but one that has so enriched my life. The owner is wonderful, the shop gorgeous, & the yarn so very yummy. And I must take pictures of the sample sock I knit with Tofutsies. A dream to knit with!

Well, this fall I will also be teaching some classes. One of them being a lace class. I wanted to design some lace that looked a bit 'North Dakotaisch'. I liked the idea of it looking like snow falling. And a design that could be a scarf or turned into a cute little purse. I'll spare all the swatches of those until later. But today I had an idea to add a 3rd option to the pattern:



It would be more of a triangle shawl. This is just a little swatch & still needs to tweaked. (and I realize it's hard to see with the blue monopoly towel & bad lighting, but I think you can still get the idea). Any thoughts?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

How cool! I'm so happy for you:O) It is looking really good! I've really no idea about designing lace... the only lace item I've knit was on socks... Keep us updated!!!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks great!

10:00 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

wow totally awesome job! i'm going to begin teaching at my LYS in Sept. i'm sooo excited. thanks for stopping by my blog.whvmp

10:24 PM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

OOoh, welcome to the club! Working in a yarn store is all-consuming in the best possible way. I love the lace, looks manageable and neat! And hey, it kinda reminds me of the lace pattern on your socks, which I loved working. Cool!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

I work at ShopYarn.com and part of my job is to keep our yarn shop directory up to date. Can you tell me the name of the new yarn shop you work at so we can make sure its listed? Thanks!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Oh yes, and my email is bruce@directionpress.com.

11:48 AM  
Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Hey Michelle, It is me Tina from the store.
The lace is looking wonderful! Can't wait to see it finished.
What yarn are you using??

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

That looks great! But as a former north dakotan, shouldn't it be a bit...warmer?? :-)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home