Monday, July 16, 2007

A new thing

Last year when M was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I quickly became frustrated with the limited amount of 'fun' bracelets. For something that he needs to always wear, it should be fun. Right? Anyways my first attempt at making him a bracelet last year was very sad. Apparently my skills at making those friendship bracelets had vanished. (And Elizabeth, I'm sure we had to have made a few of them together!)

Fast forward a year, add an ebay find of hemp cords & beads, mix in a niece who is very into making bracelets, & look what I made:


A bracelet for M! And because I had searched before on etsy for a diabetic bracelet & found none (although I haven't searched recently), I decided to start my own etsy shop. It needs some more work, but I'm excited. I have lots of ideas of what I can craft & add to the shop. I've sold knitted items at consignment shops in town, but this feels more like a community. A community that I already love & spend way too much time looking at. (Seriously. Have you seen the talent? I'm always awestruck.)

So I'm trying a new thing. Perhaps something to reaffirm that I'm a crafter. I think I'd forgotten.

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

How cool!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very cool!

You know, I think I've seen "diabetic" dog tags (military style). Would your son wear those? If I remember correctly, one tag had the red medic alert symbol, and the other tag held the specific info.

Though of course, when mom can whip up some cool summer bracelets, why bother?

:o)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Good luck with your shop!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home