Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cousin time

We got an unexpected, but very much wanted, visit from my niece & nephew. The last couple of days have been filled with giggling, late-night runs to the grocery store for ice cream, playing, staying up way too late, & of course crafting...


Here is Dani's creations. I'm so thrilled that she taught me how to make jewlery like this. We got more auntie/niece bonding in than we have in years sitting around creating bracelets.

I also gave Dani a scarf I had crochet:


Of course now that she is gone, I see that you can't really see the scarf very well. Oh well, isn't my niece beautiful? We found many things that we have in common these last few days...we are middle children, love crafting & cooking (although she is the true chef), & we both love mystery shows. Hopefully we'll get lots more fun times like this.

The boys all had fun too. M & my nephew were a bit scared last night during the thunderstorm. Here is a picture of very rare sleep:


And to play catch-up, here are my kids & my Dad enjoying a new summer toy:

Aren't Grandpa's fun?

3 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

How fun! Sounds like you had a good time! I use to make fun bracelets with embroidery floss when I was younger... your pictures reminded me of that, thanks :o)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, your niece is beautiful. And I'm pretty sure I see a family resemblance there. So, if she's a middle child, how old is your oldest niece/nephew?!? And I knoe I definitely see a family resemblance in your nephew.

Fun pics! I love both the "sacked out" one, as well as the one of your Dad. He just looks like an awesome grandpa!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah, and I agree with Jessica, those bracelets reminded me of the friendship bracelets we used to make in jr. high/high school.

I was actually around some high school gals this weekend that were making them and I found myself wondering if it really could have been long enough ago for them to be coming back "in style"?!?

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home