Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My sons


Since becoming a mother to 2 sons, I've noticed something. When you met another mother of a son, there is an understanding, a connection that does not need words. Having a son completely changes how you view the world, how you view yourself, how you view men. I now know that boys are sensitive too (but they only show it to the people they trust & their moms of course), boys need to get their energy out or they burst (it's true. I've seen it), boys can talk just as much as girls (only their stories involve cars, bad guys, karate, & often some kind of a crash), & that if you do not feed them they get incredibly grouchy (tiny tip: always carry snacks).
But the best thing about being a Mom of sons is that even after an incredibly long day, where I'm convinced I will never, ever have a quiet moment again in my life, one glance at their (finally!) peaceful, sleeping selves & my heart just melts. I remember again how much I adore being their mother & how lucky I am to have been chosen by God to raise them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

You just put a big smile on my face. Thanks! Having all boys is a challenge and yet so much fun.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home