Saturday, July 09, 2005

Fun stuff

Finally I have working batteries in my camera, so I can show you knitting, yarn, and other fun stuff:

The yarn (Knitpicks Sock Landscape) and the 'M' notepad (how cool is that?) is from Carrie's bootie contest. There was candy (huge smarties!), but they are gone. I was/am so excited to receive the yarn, since I have been really wanting to try the new Knitpicks yarn. Thank you again Carrie. I've been carrying the yarn with me everywhere and showing it to everybody. I can't wait to knit with it!
The flowers in the picture are from the wedding. The sheep notebook is from one of my knitting buddies. It is great for keeping track of all my little knitting notes. The little swatch is my new Cable-8 attempt. I think this is the winner and hope to be able to cast on officially soon.
And the red thing underneath is my recycled red tank. It was a turtleneck sweater, so I assumed it was wool. I was going to make socks out of it, when I realized it was 100% cotton. So I'm sorta following the Seed Stitch Shell pattern from the Spring/Summer 2005 Vogue Knitting. I've knit up the armholes and am now trying to decide if I want the neck shaping to be the same as this pattern. I've got more stitches than the pattern (smaller needles/gauge), so I have to do some changes anyways.
It's little gifts and memories like these, and the people who send them or who are a part of our lives that remind us the good in this world far outweighs the evil.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

Cool stuff! the cable 8 is lookin good. i love the sheep notebook, very cute! i'm loving the color way of the knitpicks yarn cant wait to see it knit up!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home