Thursday, March 24, 2005

I'm in love


Posted by Hello
I'm in love. Alpaca yarn is so soft and so nice to knit with. Here is a picture of my friend's unfinished fingerless glove. I changed the pattern a little bit. I added the light blue on the bottom just to ensure that I'd have enough yarn. The thumb is knit in the light blue as well. (Because I did not quite have enough to finish it in the dark blue). I also made the glove longer on both ends.

Just for fun look who else made these glovelets.
- Knitty Gritty (using Morehouse Merino)
- The Woolen Rabbit (scroll down a little)
- Sheep in the City (she used Koigu..yummy)

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Hi! I just saw your comment about the Yarn Cafe (awesome!) and the alpaca. According to the cabled neck tube pattern, 100yds is needed (1 skein of alpaca). The alpaca guage is the same on slighty smaller needles. I'll have to knit a guage swatch to be sure...stay tuned for progress. Thanks for reading!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home